With season’s changing fast and the bustle of day to day tasks, the last thing you want is to miss out on these fall activities! From the start of warm apple pie, spicy bourbon, to that favorite flannel you’ve been dying to wear! Be entertained by these ideas that will make your weekend more memorable for you and loved ones.
- Snyder’s Farm Fall Festival: From corn maze, wagon rides and pumpkin picking, Snyder’s offer it all. Careful, Cash only!
- A trip to hunterdon county viewing the beautiful scenery isn’t quite complete without visiting Schaefer’s Farm. With 40+ acres of pumpkins to their well known “Farm of Horrors”. Oh yeah, kids under 5 AND Veterans are free!
- Come celebrate the 17th year at Hightstown Hometown Harvest Fair October 12th. Enjoy a day of small local craft vendors, food, artists, and children rides and fun for all!
- Need a weekday excuse to get out at night? Come to Middlesex County College October 3rd 5pm-8pm. Experience the campus aswell as the “Kroozin” Car Show, pumpkin patches, “Trunk or Treat” and much more with live Dj’s!
- Sunday September 28th Morristown Festival on the Green Morristown Festival on the Green | Morristown Partnership. This event showcases the rich history with non-stop entertainment for all ages on up to 4 different stages, 150+ exhibitors showcasing local businesses, restaurants, and notable community groups.
- Fall Festival in the Park in Nutley will be a great event held at Memorial Park for FREE! This event will be held on September 29th starting at 11am. With children entertainment, food vendors, live music and more!
- Donaldson farms farm market on October 5th at 11am to enjoy a 9-acre corn maze, pony rides and corn cannons!
- With over 25 food trucks and over 100 craft beers at Yogi Berra Stadium, this event will be one NOT to miss. With live music from Alternate Groove Party Band, big assortment of back yard games and much, much more.
- Hoboken Harvest Festival has free family fun activities. Including a petting zoo, face painting, local vendors and craft supplies, horse & carriage rides and much, much more!
- Ales ‘N Tails Oktoberfest occurring at NJ’s #1 Zoo, supporters are able to sample dozens and dozens of seasonal brews from around the corner and around the world. Enjoy a live Oompah Band as well! Enjoy on October 5th.
- Heaven Hill Farm in Vernon Township has their Great Pumpkin Festival. Includes pumpkin patch visit, carnival rides and games for all ages to enjoy and LOTS more!
- Haunted hayrides October 25th-28th at Deserted Village, Watchung Reservation. With a village full of ghost’s who’ve lived and died there… Experience yourself with your significant other! $8
- Deerfield Township Harvest Festival. Live music, major bands, family night discount, amusement rides, games, parade, fireworks etc. A great time for all.
- Bordentown Cranberry Festival offers 150 plus crafters, artist and vendors including live music and food from local restaurants.
- The Giant Pumpkin Carve, well hopefully this event explains itself. Meals on Wheels has this annual fundraising event at the Salem County Fairgrounds. With lots of activities including high school and amateur artists who carve giant pumpkins and attracts about 4,000 people every year!
- Saturday October 5th is the annual Chowderfest! Happening in Beach Haven this wonderful event will have live music, lots of beer and hard cider on tap, wine by the glass, an a ton of merchants and more.
- A.C. Cinefest celebrates the art of independent film makers! Be sure to check out a one of a kind film this week!
Cape May County
- Morey’s Pier Oktoberfest brings a taste of german beer to Wildwood. With live entertainment and adults “biergarten,” and kids “rootbeir garten” should be an event fun for the whole family.
– Nash Reba