Follow along as Small Business owner Shareef Khan of @LimitlessCuisine shows us how he makes his mouth watering Maraschino Cherry Glazed Bread Pudding!
Bread Pudding with Maraschino Cherry Glaze
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 25 mins.
Total time: 1 hr 55 mins.
Ingredients (Bread Pudding)
Stale bread | 1lb, diced
Whole Milk | 225ml
Heavy Cream| 225 ml
2 egg yolks
Granulated Sugar| 88 g
Salt| 1/8 teaspoon
Vanilla Extract| 1 tbsp
Ingredients (Cherry Glaze)
Maraschino Cherries| 75 g
Sugar| 2 tbsp
Cornstarch| 1 tbsp
Directions for the Bread Pudding
- In a pot, combine the milk and cream and bring to a simmer. Remove the
milk from the heat and add in the vanilla extract. Cover the pot and let
steep at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F, butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
In a bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until
combined. Strain the milk and cream mixture through a fine-mesh sieve,
slowly adding it to the egg mixture while constantly whisking.
- Whisk in the salt to your egg mixture, and add the diced bread to the
buttered pan. Pour the mixture over the bread until completely covered
and top with pieces of butter.
- Wrap the pan tightly with foil and transfer to a roasting pan filled with water
that comes halfway up the side of your pan.
- Bake until the custard completely sets, 45 mins to 1hr. Remove the foil
and bake for an additional 15 mins or until the top is golden brown.
Directions for the Cherry Glaze
- In a pot add the maraschino cherries to water and allow that to simmer for
- Transfer to a blender, add the cornstarch and sugar, and blend. Strain the
mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean pot, allowing the mixture to
come up to a boil.
- Transfer the mixture to a cool bowl and submerge it into an ice bath, let
chill until completely cooled.
Top your bread pudding with your cooled cherry glaze, slice into equal pieces… or not and
Don’t forget to tag @limitesscuisine to show off your bread pudding!