Long day at work and wondering what’s quick, easy and of course tasty to eat? Sautéd chicken breasts covered in a rich velvety vodka cream sauce and cherry tomatoes. Chicken in Pomodoro sauce is perfect one pan dinner for the family.
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons chives (minced)
- Place flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, sauté the chicken breasts in 2 or 3 batches for about 2 minutes per side. The chicken should be just cooked through and golden brown. Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove the sauté pan from the heat and the vodka. Return the sauté pan to the burner over medium heat and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, cream, lemon juice, and tomatoes. Bring to a low boil and then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the tomatoes just begin to soften.
- Add the butter to the pan and stir.
- Return chicken to pan and ladle sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with the chives.
How to cut chicken breast into cutlets
How many times have you bought a package of chicken breasts and they are all different sizes? In the most recent package of chicken I purchased, the boneless skinless breasts ranged from 6 ounces to 12 ounces. Having chicken cutlets that are the same in size and weight ensures even cooking. Here is a quick video to show you how to cut larger chicken breasts into thin serving size cutlets.
Recipe by: Amy Casey