This easy recipe is the best way to make a big batch of Cheeseburger Sliders. Bake 1 large patty, top with cheese and cut into 24 sliders. Serve these crowd pleasing sliders on soft rolls with pickles, ketchup and mustard.
I love burgers. Either on the grill in our backyard or at a restaurant, burgers are one of my favorites. When grilling at home ~ we grill 12 months out of the year along the Jersey shore ~ All-American burgers are always sizzling away on our Weber grill. When I need to feed a crowd, I make quick work of burger making with my recipe for Cheeseburger Sliders.
I stumbled upon a speedier version of my char-grilled burgers way back in 2009. Fellow blogger Robin of The Big Red Kitchen shared an method for baking 1 large burger patty and then cutting in 24 sliders. No more forming 2 dozen individual burgers. Ingenious!
Chef cooking tips for sliders
Cheeseburger Sliders have all the deliciousness of full size burgers but, in a mini version. The time saving recipe skips the forming of individual burgers and the time spent at the grill.
- Along with the ground beef add eggs, bread crumbs moistened with whole milk, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Press the seasoned ground beef into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. If the patty “cracks” while cooking, press it back together. The cheese will hold it together.
- Top with slices of American cheese and pop the pan bake in the oven for a minute or 2.
- Cut the large “patty” into 24 separate sliders and serve on mini soft rolls.
The topping for the sliders options are endless. Offer ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato and crispy bacon so everyone can create their own 3 bite masterpiece. Oven roasted fries, thick slices of icy cold watermelon, crunchy cole slaw, and these easy sugar cookies round out the perfect menu.